- Delnevos Pomodoro Sauce
- 200g bucatini pasta
- 125g pancetta/guanciale *or smoked streaky bacon (cut into strips)
- 30g Pecorino romano
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 red onion, chopped finely
- 70ml white wine/vegetable stock
- 1 small pinch dried chilli
- Maldon rock salt
- Black pepper
*If you use guanciale you will not require the olive oil in the pan as the fat will render, place guanciale alone in pan.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil, season with salt and cook bucatini for recommended time minus 2 minutes.
- While the bucatini is cooking, add olive oil to a clean pan on medium/high heat.
- Add the strips of pancetta/bacon and cook for 4 minutes. Season with pepper.
- Add the finely chopped red onion, dried chilli and additional black pepper to taste. Cook for a further 4 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Deglaze the pan with White Wine or vegetable stock, scraping any bits of the bottom for flavour: cook further until liquid is reduced by half.
- Add Delnevos Pomodoro sauce and stir well. Bring to the boil, then return to a low heat and simmer.
- Keep one cup of pasta water aside, drain the bucatini.
- Add to the sauce with half the grated pecorino and toss, turning the heat up high. Add the required amount of pasta water to finish cooking and achieve a nice, creamy consistency
- Plate and sprinkle with remaining Pecorino Cheese
*To add an extra kick, drizzle with Delnevos Chilli Oil and serve.*